Just thought I'd let those of you who weren't aware know that the redoubtable
Jesse has released the latest version of Mandelbulb 3D; v1.7.6, and it's
available for free download from: www.fractalforums.com/index.ph…
A brief list of the new features:
- Inside plus outside rendering combined method.
- Bugfix: color artifacts on cutplanes in inside rendering and using orbit
trap coloring or diffuse lightmaps.
- DEAO works more or less with inside renderings.
- Second focus points in DoF for defining a kind of focus line.
- Spline interpolation for maps and background images.
- Sticky options for formula, lighting and postprocessing panels now
selectable by rightclicking those buttons on the main window. Less
problems with slower window updates like in wine emulator.
- Voxel output utility to render png slices.
- New dIFS formula type, only on machines with SSE2 support (is common).
- Rightclick on 'Calculate 3D' brings up the option for automatic storing
the M3I file if done.
- Option to save the text parameters as comment in a PNG image file.
- Lighting options for diffuse color map relative to object and background
image added to depth (not blended).
- Bugfix in 24bit SSAO calculation, can change the amount of shadows
compared to older program versions!
- Added a navi side-panel for tweaking julia and formula parameters!
- Some older formulas added that I forgot to include.
- Coordinate system can be shown in the navi.
- Mid-position can be taken from the image, to rotate around it or so.
- Program size and position is remembered for next start.
Quite a few additions - so well worth the getting!!
And to bring things completely up-to-date, download and add the latest
batch of M3D formula updates from that kind and generous man LucaGN,
or 'DarkBeam' as he's known at FractalForums.com. Goto: www.fractalforums.com/mandelbu…
and d/l 'new fmlas.zip'.