Jesse has released another updated beta version of Mandelbulb 3D: v1.8.7beta-1 test
This is just the executable and readme; get it at: www.fractalforums.com/index.ph…
(You will need to have installed the full version 1.8.2 x1: www.fractalforums.com/index.ph…
prior to adding this update)
As always, in Jesse's own words:
"Ok, this is for those who like testing, only the executable with readme included, save your current program first when replacing it with this version....
Because of the extended hybrid combination option in the 1.8.7 version, it can cause some color shifts and different results in certain combination modes, nevertheless please report any unusual issues, thx!
Included is a simple html readme.
What is new in version 1.8.7:
- Fixed issues in the navigator and lighting.
- 'Smooth' option when calculating only one hard shadow.
- New but slow Monte Carlo rendering method: 'M.C.' button in 'Utilities'.
- Author names can be inserted into the parameter, look in 'Infos' tab.
- Support for loading 48 bit PNG maps and background pics.
- Exchanged the png unit with the old one because of reported saving issues.
- Preview images in the loading dialog for m3i (if images are stored in).
- Background images are also displayed in the navigator.
- Rightclick on the map-nr fields brings up an opendialog for file-choosing.
- Formula hybrid combinations with option for start nr of the second hybrid.
- Some minor changes. "
Great to see the man himself back in the drivers seat again!!
As always, don't forget to regularly check for the latest updates to Dark-Beam's formula pack - 'new fmlas.zip'
which can be downloaded from: www.fractalforums.com/mandelbu…